What are 1300 and 1800 Numbers?
These "virtual" numbers aren't tied to any one specific phone in the same way that your regular landline and mobile numbers are.
Instead, you route each 1300 or 1800 number to the "answerpoints" at which you want it to ring, including landlines, mobile phones, hosted PBX systems, fax machines, or call answering services. You can even select multiple answerpoints for a single number, for example if you want it to ring a different number outside of regular business hours, or if you want your calls to go through to an answering service when your line is busy or not being answered.
National businesses can route calls from their 1300 numbers and 1800 numbers to the answerpoint closest to where the caller is located (for example, a call from Queensland could be routed to the Brisbane office, and one from South Australia to the Adelaide office).
These numbers help to encourage customers to call your business, with a 1800 number being a free call from any landline in Australia, and a 1300 number being the cost of a local call from any Australian landline.
And because 1300 numbers and 1800 numbers are not tied to any specific phone or exchange, you can tame them with you when you move. That means that as your business grows and you move into bigger and better offices, and expand across the country, your phone number remains the same.
- Consistent: Keep the same number for the life of your business.
- Portable: Take your number with you if your business relocates.
- National: Increase the geographical "reach" of your businesses.
- Measureable: Built-in reporting make these numbers a vital marketing tool for your business.
- Reach: Show potential customers that you're not just a "local" business.
- Profitable: Studies show that using 1300 and 1800 numbers increases your marketing response.
- Image: Give your business a professional image, no matter how small you may be.
- Flexible: Can be answered at any fixed or mobile phone in Australia.
- Convenient: You don't need any extra phone lines.
- Affordable: With our low priced plans, having an inbound 1300 or 1800 number is probably A LOT cheaper than you think.
Calls to 1300 numbers from a Local fixed line caller include FREE talk time minutes. Free minutes vary depending on plans, with our most popular 1300 number plan providing 30 free minutes.
You have almost unlimited flexibility in the ways in which your 1300 number or 1800 number can be configured. Here are a few of the most common call configuration options:
- Answer at your nominated phone number (business, home, mobile).
- Route to one of our Virtual Offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth, where a Live Answering virtual receptionist answers in your own business name. They then forward messages to you immediately via SMS, email, and customer portal. Your 1300/1800 number can be configured to be answered by a Virtual Office Live Operator on "busy", "no answer", or at specified times.
- Route to our automated touchtone Call Forwarding (IVR) service, which automatically forwards calls to your staff members, departments or extensions.
- Route to our Voice2Email service, where callers can leave a voice mail message.
- Route to our Fax2Email service (or to your own fax machine).
Why you Should Get your 1300 Number or 1800 Number from Us
- We have cheap rates and the best range of plans. Our affordable 1300/1800 Plans are designed to suit your call volume and save you money.
- We are a reseller for Alltel Pty Ltd, who are an established, professional company that specialises in providing business services throughout Australia at 'buy direct' prices.
- You get great customer service from our friendly, Australian-based team.
- In addition to our Virtual Serviced Offices, we have a range of other business services, so we can help your business in other ways too.
- You can choose a good number online now.
- No flag fall or call connection fees.
- There are NO term contracts: simply pay month to month.
- We have NO minimum monthly call spend.
- Only 1 calendar month notice to cancel.
- Detailed online call and bill reporting included.
- Your number is usually activated within 1 business day.
- We were the first company to offer a choice of low-priced 1300 & 1800 Plan and we'll help you choose the most economical one to suit your needs and call volume.
- If your call volume or call patterns change, you can change plans at any time with no charge.
- We're an Australian company, with Australian-based customer service and live answering teams.
- We're a full-service telco, with a single point of contact for all of your business telco needs.
Please contact us for details on inbound 1300 and 1800 numbers.